Translate

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Moroccan Shredded Carrot Salad

This was acutally a dish I made after I was inspired eating over a friend's house.  He prepared this salad in the traditionally French style with a really good wine vinegar.  It was delicious.  The following week it was my turn to host for dinner, and I decided to use the shredded carrot idea but add a Moroccan twist.  This salad was also divine.  Its also super heathy, cumin and cinnamon are both spices one should eat regularly.


Ingredients for about 4 people
1/2 lb (500 g) carrots ( I chose smaller carrots as my friend had recommended)
1/4 cup olive oil
3 tbsp fresh lemon juice (half a lemon)
1/4 cup parsley
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika (I'm sure a smoked on here would also be good)
salt and pepper to taste

Grate all the carrots on the side of the grater with the biggest holes.  Then add all the rest of the ingredients and cover.  Place in fridge for about 2 hours.  This will allows all the flavors to blend together.



No comments:

Post a Comment